Sunday, 28 May 2017

Fake Washi tape

Watching tv last night I needed to do some kind of creating so I made lots of fake washi tapes. Below is a picture of just a few but you get the idea ?

What I used
Masking tape
Baking parchment to stick the tape to.
Marker pens,
coloured inks,
Stazon inks
stamps.

the red one on the left of pic shows how I store them, rolled up and paper clipped and the pink lid is from the box I keep them in


You could take it lots further by adding glitters, paint, paint pens, Gelli plate prints etc which I may do next time. Love making them.


12 comments:

  1. A wonderful idea June. Never would have thought of doing that

    Thanks for sharing

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look gorgeous June! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are brilliant June :)
    This is the second post today that I've seen on d.i.y washi-tapes.
    I bought some low-tack masking tape the other week with the intention of doing the same and then on opening the packet found out it had the manufactures name all over it - my fault probably for getting it from an old fashioned paint & wallpaper shop and not a craft shop.
    Hope your weekend going well.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooow I love this technique...and such a relaxing way to get a bit creative :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, making your own washi tape is fun These are lovely. I especially like the blue one, fourth from the left.
    Thanks for your visit to Orange Esmeralda, June, and I hope to see you another time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! Will have to give it a try, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really good idea. Customized tape is better than anything you can buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, I'll have to have a go.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete