Monday, 10 July 2017

Art Deco journal page


I was so excited that Altered Pages  are partnering Lost Coast designs this month. I was a bit upset as I have been in bed most of this last month due to spinal problems and was afraid I wouldn't get to do a project with them but I found a way to do the project without the need for paints etc and could just use a little table on my bed. This is the result and I am very happy with this journal page using the fabulous Lost coast stamp 'Art Deco face'.




The products used 
Lost coast stamp
White tissue paper  (I recycled )
White pen (from my stash ) 
Scraps of recycled wallpaper and scrap paper
die cut steampunk gears (from my stash )

I began by stamping the gorgeous image on to white tissue paper and I have to say it stamped perfectly first time. 




Next I needed to colour the journal page. I used inks this time and pens rather than paint but either would work. 


The next step was a to place something to fill a little space at the top as I wanted to place the image further down. I used recycled papers and layered up and distressed and glued down with tacky glue.

Next  wrote some text  to the rest of the page in white, I wanted this to show under the tissue image. 



Now I was ready to place the Lost coast Stamped image I added glue stick to the surface of the page and NOT to the image as it was too delicate. After smoothing over and leaving to dry, I got some old gear die cuts I had in my stash and I painted them with copper and dark brown for rusty kind  of effect. I glued once more with tacky glue and left to dry. A fab and fun project thanks to Altered Pages and Lost Coast designs. 







7 comments:

  1. Wow...awesome journal page and you did it from bed no less! I hope you are feeling better soon June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your health issues June but great that you found a way to craft

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you can still craft while being laid up. Hoping the pain is easing up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you for not giving in! You created a fabulous page out of the things you had to hand :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant page and see how us crafters are inventive if needs must lol love all the techniques and great stamp -hope you feel better soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your journal page! Well done!! I hope you are feeling better?? Sending you gentle healing hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you did this in bed, it's so beautiful.
    Hugs Hazel. x

    ReplyDelete